PM Narendra Modi’s interaction with IPS Probationers of 2019 batch :
On the back of Salt Satyagraha, Gandhi Ji had talked about moving the foundations of the British Raj in 1930. He had started the Dandi March from Sabarmati with a small group of people.
With every passing day, few people joined the March. When he reached Dandi, the entire country stood up, took notice and was moved. I want you to take inspiration from that willpower. This willpower had transformed India’s struggle for Independence.
The nation expects similar willpower for transformation from youth such as you. India’s youth had fought for ‘Swaraj’ back then. They were ready to die for Independence. Today, you have to fight for ‘Su-raj’ (good governance) today.
When a country takes the swift road towards development, internal and external challenges come up. Thus, it is a challenge for you to make policing better. It is a challenge for you to stop crime that is using modern techniques, especially in cybersecurity.
The negative perception of police in the common citizen is a massive challenge. At the beginning of COVID, this perception had changed a little because police was helping the poor and needy. However, the perception has returned to negative.
It is the responsibility of the new generation of police to ensure that this perception changes.
Himanta Biswa Sarma – Chief Minister, Assam:
- In a major breakthrough towards de-escalating tensions at Assam-Nagaland border, the two Chief Secretaries have arrived at an understanding to immediately withdraw states’ forces from border locations to their respective base camps.
- This is a historic step in our relations.
- My gratitude to HCM Sri Neiphiu Rio for working with Assam in restoring peace on the border.
- Assam is committed to ensuring peace along all its borders & strives for social & economic prosperity of #North East region.
As COVID19 cases are rising, the Government of Karnataka led by CM Basavaraj Bommai is taking stricter surveillance measures for arrivals from Kerala & Maharashtra.
CM of Karnataka is in constant touch with officials in this regard.
Preventing 3rd wave of COVID19 is Govt’s top priority.Dr Ashwathnarayan – fmr dy cm, karnataka
Harsimrat Kaur Badal – Former Union Minister :
- We, a delegation of MPs representing 7 political parties, today met & apprised President of India of the undemocratic stonewalling of 2 serious issues in Parliament – Farm Laws & Pegasus Spyware.
- We also urged him to constitute a Joint Select Committee to resolve these issues.
Held a review meeting with representatives of the Bicycle Industry for making it more cost competitive & Aatmanirbhar.piyush goyal – union minister
Deliberated on creating an ecosystem for increasing domestic adoption & strengthening the export competitiveness of our Bicycle Industry.
Capt Amarinder Singh – Chief Minister, Punjab:
- Shaheed Udham Singh Ji’s life is an enduring lesson of love & respect for one’s motherland.
- Proud to be dedicating the Memorial at Sunam in the memory of the great stalwart of our freedom struggle.
- I’m sure it will be a constant source of inspiration for future generations.
Sukhbir Singh Badal – President, Akali Dal:
A warm welcome to new members of Akali Dal family who have come from Congress, AAP & BJP from Ghanaur, Sanaur & Rajpura in Capt Amarinder’s home dist Patiala.
I assure all of them due honour & recognition in the party.
Their joining will further strengthen SAD in Malwa region.
Aaditya Thackeray – Minister, Maharashtra Govt. :
- This afternoon I visited the Ghatkopar-Mankhurd Flyover with AMC Velarasu ji.
- The 2.9 km long flyover will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray ji tomorrow.
- Over the past one year, we expedited this flyover, reducing the travel time in this corridor.
Met with Chief Minister of Karnataka, Shri Basavaraj Bommai ji and spoke about ways to enhance health infrastructure in the state.Mansukh Mandaviya – Union Minister
Also wished him the best on his new journey for Karnataka’s development.
Basavaraj Bommai – CM, Karnataka:
Met Union Finance Minister Smt N Sitharaman in New Delhi today and discussed about GST compensation, Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS), and other important matters pertaining to the state.
The mind looks for something new. The heart longs for the old. Life is a blend of both :
- Congratulations to my young friends who have successfully passed their Class XII CBSE examinations. Best wishes for a bright, happy and healthy future.
- To those who feel they could have worked harder or performed better, I want to say – learn from your experience and hold your head high. A bright and opportunity-filled future awaits you. Each of you is a powerhouse of talent. My best wishes always.
- The Batch which appeared for the Class XII Boards this year did so under unprecedented circumstances. The education world witnessed many changes through the year gone by. Yet, they adapted to the new normal and gave their best. Proud of them!
RK Singh – Union Minister for Power:
I chaired a meeting with the Additional Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries of Power and CMDs of DISCOMs of all the States today.
MoS for Power, Shri Krishan Pal jee, Secretary Power and Senior officials from Ministry Of Power & MNRE India were present at the meeting.
I pointed out that India’s Power sector had witnessed tremendous growth in the last seven years, in Generation, Transmission & Distribution.
Today, with the total installed generation capacity of 384GW including renewable energy capacity of 98GW, we have shifted from a power deficit to a power surplus country.
We have ensured universal access, connected every home, but we still have work to do. We must ensure reliable and sustainable 24-hour power-supply to every household in India. For that a robust and sustainable Distribution system is a must.
I stated that there is a direct co-relationship between the financial sustainability of the DISCOMS and Consumer Service Standards.
I discussed the Reforms Agenda of the Ministry of Power and discussed the Guidelines of the new INR 3,03,758 crore-Revamped Reforms based and Results linked Distribution Scheme that aims to improve operational efficiencies and financial sustainability of DISCOMs.
I informed the States that they can access funds under the scheme for all their requirements for strengthening and modernization, but they must take steps to reduce the losses to ensure the viability, and sustainability of DISCOMs.
The objective of the scheme is to build a modern and future ready Distribution Sector to fulfil the expectations of all electricity consumers and pave the path for accelerated economic growth of the country.
I envision the most modern and advanced technology strengthening the power sector with a consumer-centric approach, including metering of all feeders transformers, and electricity-connections, automatic accounting, and transparent billing, with AI governed and monitored transmission and distribution.
I also reviewed the progress of Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) and the Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS), it was decided that the States must adhere to the timelines for the completion and closure of the projects sanctioned under these schemes.
The implementation of PM-KUSUM, Rooftop Solar Programme, Status of RPO Compliances were also reviewed. All the States were asked to align their RPO trajectories with the National RPO and comply with it.
States were also asked to prepare and send proposals for Feeder Level Solarization under the PM-KUSUM scheme so that maximum benefit can be passed on to the farmers to increase their income.
Pinarayi Vijayan – Chief Minister, Kerala :
- Kerala announced a special ₹5,650 cr package to help small traders, MSMEs & farmers to face the Covid-19 induced economic crisis.
- Allocated ₹2,000 cr for interest subsidy,
- ₹1,700 cr for welfare pensions,
- ₹274 cr for rent & tax exemptions,
- ₹850 cr for KFC &
- ₹300 cr for KSFE.
- Another case of misuse of Pegasus spyware has been revealed now
- France’s national cyber security agency has confirmed that Pegasus spyware was infiltrated into phones belonging to two journalists of Mediapart, an investigative journal in France
- Mediapart is the media organization that broke the story that the Rafale aircraft deal was being probed in France
- Will the govt. give up its ostrich-like attitude and agree to the Opposition’s demand for a full discussion in Parliament on misuse of Pegasus spyware in India?
- How long can the government duck and hide and scoot when all that the Opposition wants is a full debate?
Dr Sudhakar – Former Health Minister, Karnataka:
- Karnataka achieved two major milestones in Covid-19 vaccination today:
- Crossed 3 crore doses of Covid vaccine.
- One crore people in the age group 18-44 years have received atleast one dose.
PM Narendra Modi:
- Met CM of Karnataka Shri Basavaraj Bommai ji today.
- Conveyed best wishes as he begins a new journey for Karnataka’s progress.
- Assured full support for the development of Karnataka.
Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai & Ministers in Central Government from Karnataka called on PM Narendra Modi today.PMO India