Congress Party briefing by Dr Abhishek Singhvi and Anil Chaudhary at AICC HQ:
There is no clear cancellation of MSP but they have not left any existence of MSP. You say you can go to this mandi if you want, you can also sell it on MSP, but what is the justification to say that you have not canceled MSP?
There is no mention of MSP, no criteria for pricing despite that you are tricking the nation by saying that we have not removed MSP
Another point is contract farming. In 75 years, why didn’t our constitution makers think about contract farming
Now there is no limit to the amount of paddy you can store. The Government has changed that
Procurement in Punjab was 127 lakh tonnes in 2020 and Punjab’s earnings due to this was 740 crores. A total of ₹ 1470 crores and adhatis got ₹ 613 crores. Government institutions. FCI give this money
I want to say two points in context of what happened in Rajya Sabha –
I want to ask directly if there was quorum or not, half the people were sitting on one side then who checked the quorum?
5 to 7 people asked for division in front of me, but nobody paid heed
Congress Party Media Briefing by Ahmed Patel, Partap Singh Bajwa, Abhishek Singhvi and Shaktisinh Gohil:
Earlier they brought the Land Acquisition Act, which caused an uproar and left farmers angry. They had to take it back. They wanted to give land to the commercial sector & they couldn’t do it so they brought the law again in many states
No matter how much the PM or this government says that this day is very important for farmers, I would like to say that today is a black day
Especially in Punjab, Haryana and Western UP, the farmers who fed the country are being treated poorly. The attitude of the government with these farmers is very disturbing
The Agriculture Minister did not even talk to the stakeholders. You spoke to everyone but left our farmers
Every year, thousands of trucks with rice and wheat go from Bihar to the mandis of Punjab and Haryana. Traders profit from the MSP that should go to the farmers. Traders get the boost that the rural economy should get
The Government of India should enact a law that if grains are sold at less than the minimum support price, then the violators will be jailed, but they have not made any such provision
Many people moved the amendment, nobody was given a chance to speak, with which magic wand did this bill pass? We have therefore given a no confidence motion notice
Articles 14, 26, 28 and 67 of the list all relate to agriculture. An unconstitutional bill has been brought in, a bill that is against the federal structure. This unconstitutional bill will be repealed in the Supreme Court
It is written in our manifesto, “we will establish farmers markets with adequate infra and support in large villages.” There is mention of the agricultural commission, subsidies. You are trying to fool the country by telling them half truths
- Government has passed “The Farmers (Empowerment & Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill 2020” giving farmers price assurance and income enhancement.
- The Bill will promote efficient, transparent, competitive, barrier-free trades with the emergence of multiple trade channels and APMC mandis will continue to serve as principal marketing channels.
- Farmers Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill, 2020 will strengthen the integration of traders and producers of pulses, oilseeds, raw cotton, and other farmers practicing animal husbandry and fishery.
- For the first time, an ecosystem has been created giving farmers freedom of choice of trade area – he is now free in the true sense.
- The provision in the Farmers Produce Trade & Commerce Bill, 2020 gives the assurance of payment to the farmers within three working days through a receipt of delivery to the farmers on the same day of the transaction of farm produce
- The Farmers Produce Trade & Commerce Bill, 2020 will provide a unique facility for electronic registration, transaction, and payment of farm produce to the farmers through the electronic trading platforms.
- The shackles of trade made simple, Traders require only a PAN card. Even better, FPOs or agricultural co-operative societies do not even require the PAN card now.
- One of the pro-farmer initiatives is to promote the concept of ‘One Nation One Market’, which will certainly enable farmers to sell their products across the country.
- Farmers have now been facilitated with barrier-free Inter & Intra-State trade of farmers’ produce with greater profitability.
Amit Malviya – In-charge, BJP’s National IT:
The Congress, which doesn’t know where it stands on most issues, had promised to repeal the APMC & ECA in its 2019 manifesto.
Government did just that but Congress is protesting!
No wonder Sonia and Rahul timed their absence from Parliament and let minions face the ignominy…
JP Nadda – National President, BJP:
BJP National President JP Nadda addressed a press conference at BJP headquarters in New Delhi today:
All policies of the Modi government are centred around empowerment of those sections of the society that are at the bottom of the pyramid. Poor, the marginalised and farmers are at the core of all the policies
Rs 1 lakh crore out of the Aatmanirbhar Bharat package of Rs 20 lakh crore is allocated to enhance farm produce and its value addition
All 3 Bills related to the empowerment of the farmers are truly reformist and revolutionary. Farmers will be free to sell their produce in a competitive market of their choice. By opposition these Bills, Congress is only hampering farmers’ all round development
APMC will continue, so will MSP but the farmers will be free to choose the most profitable market of their choice.
The farm contract will be on the produce and not the land. The land will always belong to the owner. These are enabling legislations
Congress promised to repeal APMC Act and make agriculture trade free from all restrictions. It also promised to replace The Essential Commodities Act 1955 saying it belonged to an age of controls. Today, their opposition to these reforms exposes their duality.
Jagat Prakash Nadda, National President, BJP :
To mark PM Narendra Modi ji’s birthday on 17th September, we will observe ‘Seva Saptah’ from 14-20th September. Today the ‘Seva Saptah’ was launched from Chhaprauli village in Uttar Pradesh.
Since it is his 70th, cleanliness and plantation drives will be conducted at 70 places in every district, there will be at least 70 virtual rallies, among other programs.
Every moment of Modi ji’s life has been spent in the service of the country and the people. Following his footsteps every BJP worker today is always ready for public service.
Congress Party Briefing RS Surjewala, Incharge, Communication:
After coming to power in 2014, an ordinance was brought in to abolish the land compensation law. Even then, Modi ji faced opposition from the farmers and the Congress
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi who came to power on the promise of giving ‘cost + 50% profit’ to the farmers, is now working towards finishing agriculture through the three ordinances
The Modi government claims that now the farmer can sell his crop anywhere in the country, this is a complete lie. But what really is the truth?
As soon as the mandis are done with, the livelihood of lakhs and crores of labourers, middlemen, book-keepers, transporters etc. working in the grain-vegetable mandis will end automatically
When the mandi system ends, the farmer will be dependent only on contract farming and the big companies will set the price for his crop. What is this if not a new zamindari system?
There is no provision in the ordinances for the protection of the rights of the farm labourers nor for the rights of the tenants or mazars who plough the land. They seem to have been completely abandoned and left on their own
Congress President Smt. Sonia Gandhi has reconstituted the Congress Working Committee as follows:INC india
AICC General Secretaries as appointed by Congress President Smt. Sonia Gandhi:
Congress Party Briefing by SS Surjewala – Incharge, Communication
- It took 110 days for corona infection to reach 1 lakh
- 1 to 10 lakh in 59 days,
- 10 to 20 lakhs in 21 days;
- 20 to 30 lakhs in 16 days and from
- 30 lakhs to 40 lakh cases in just 13 days
Congress Party and Shri Rahul Gandhi kept warning the government about the corona crisis on
but the Modi government made fun of our warning each time
On March 24, 2020, Modi ji said, “Mahabharata war had lasted 18 days. It will take 21 days to win the war with Corona.” 166 days later, the nation is witnessing ‘Mahabharata of Corona’, people are dying, but Modi ji is busy feeding peacocks
BJP has left the people of the country in a state of disarray. India has become the Corona capital of the world today
USA and Brazil don’t even have half as many cases , and in other countries of the world, Corona cases have not touched more than ten thousand in 24 hours
It took 110 days for corona infection to reach 1 lakh, 1 to 10 lakh in 59 days, 10 to 20 lakhs in 21 days; 20 to 30 lakhs in 16 days and from 30 lakhs to 40 lakh cases in just 13 days
Congress Party and Shri Rahul Gandhi kept warning the government about the corona crisis from 12 February 2020 (12 February, 3 March, 5 March, 26 April etc.) but the Modi government made fun of our warning each time
Corona has now reached small cities, towns and villages, but Modi govt is oblivious.
This is dangerous because 65% of the country’s population lives in rural areas, but only 35% of hospital beds and 20% of doctors are in rural areas
PM Modi must answer:
– on this leadership failure.
– tell the country the plan to control Corona
– the plan to contain the explosive state of corona infection
Special Congress Party Briefing by Congress Leader RS Surjewala via video conferencing :
- Demonetisation, GST and lockdown have proved to be disaster strokes, not masterstrokes. Today, there is economic devastation in the country
- Modi government destroyed the economy by its ‘act of fraud’ for 6 years. They now want to pin the blame on ‘act of God’ i.e. God. Those who are betraying even God, how will they spare human beings and the economy?
- The annual per capita income for 2019-20 is estimated at ₹ 1,35,050. GDP in the first quarter of 2020-21 is -24%. If GDP for the entire year is -11%, then income of the common man will be reduced by ₹ 14,900 annually
- People have completely lost trust in the government. Ask small and medium scale industries, they will tell you that neither banks give loans nor is there any credibility in what the Finance Minister says
- The 20 lakh crore ‘Jumla Economic Package’ of Modi government also failed to help the sinking economy, economic devastation and falling GDP. What greater proof of lost faith would there be.
- More than 10 crore jobs were lost during lockdown in the unorganized sector. Only a quarter of the country’s 6.3 crore MSME units are able to produce 50% of their capacity. Most businesses have shut or are on the verge of closure.
- According to SBI’s report dated September 1, 2020, GDP for 2020-21 will be -10.9 percent.
- Modi Government has filed an affidavit in Supreme Court conveying its decision to not extend the moratorium on payment of EMIs by salaried class and the middle class beyond 31st August, 2020. Modi Government has refused to provide interest waiver also.
Rahul Gandhi, Congress Leader :
For the first time in 40 years, the Indian economy is in a huge recession. Watch my video to find out the truth.Rahul gandhi, congress leader
Dr RP Nishank, Union Cabinet Minister for Education :
- As envisioned by PM Narendra Modiji, the need of the hour is to make India AatmaNirbhar.
- Our toy market has huge potential and the students can play a very important role in harnessing it.
- Hence, the Ministry of Education will soon be organizing a hackathon for the students of Higher Education Institutions for innovations in toy technology and design, including online games, to reflect Indian ethos and values.
Toy and Puppet making skills will be developed among school students:
- Indigenous toy-making will be introduced as a theme in Kala Utsav encouraging students to explore and develop a variety of local toys.
- Puppet Show may also be initiated in Kala Utsav for secondary and higher secondary students.
Dr. Abhishek Singhvi, National Spokesperson, Congress
Courts physical hearing not commencing, but Students asked to write exams.
PM says un-lock, Police says lockdown.
Shopkeeper opens shop, administration says close it.
Toll bridges massive bottlenecks with police posts + huge traffic on the road.
Amit Malviya – In-charge of BJP’s national Information & Technology:
Manish Tewari’s letter to Facebook opens up a Pandora’s box. Mr Tewari wrote a letter to Facebook management on 18th August, where he says that Facebook management can get in touch with his senior policy advisor Bharat Gopalaswamy in the USA.
This is a serious revelation and troublesome on multiple grounds. Can Indian MPs hire lobbyists in US masquerading as advisors? Whose interests do these US based lobbyists serve when they advise Congress MP Manish Tewari?
Bharat Gopalaswamy served as the director of the South Asia Center at the Atlantic Council, where Manish Tewari also served. Interestingly it is the same Atlantic Council which controls and guides Facebook’s effort in dealing with political propaganda.
Interestingly, when Facebook purged a large number of pages last year, while some pro-Congress pages were also taken down, the following of pro-right wing pages was 10 times that of pro-Congress pages. This process was also led by the Atlantic Council.
The Atlantic Council is also a global Facebook partner in its election integrity efforts. In light of these revelations, it is puzzling that the INC, at the first instance, has clandestinely chosen to use the services of Bharat Gopalaswamy to lobby for INC with Facebook.
It is clear that by using the services of Think Tanks/its members, who use the charade of academic neutrality, INC has compromised its position. It is clear such alliances and services are used to gain access to FB’s management to influence the political process in India.
Even legal experts in US have opined that tightening relationship between US Think Tanks and its overseas sponsors could violate Foreign Agents Registration Act, 1938. What is surprising in this instance is the explicit nature of the relationship with overseas influencer.
Such lobbying raises ethical issues and issues of conflict of interest. Lobbyists are the paid persuaders whose job is to influence the decision of Govts, but what amazes us is the use of such persuaders to influence the decisions of private corporations like Facebook.
To operate behind close doors through quiet negotiations by using array of tactics to shape public opinion, the Indian National Congress, led by Sonia Gandhi and her son, has touched a new low in the politics.
Ravi Shankar Prasad, Law & Justice, Communications Minister :
- Funds collected by PMCARES fund are entirely different and these funds are funds of charitable trusts. This fund need not be transferred- Supreme Court on PM CARES.
- So far, 30000 crores have been given from PM Cares Fund to fight COVID. 2,000 crores of which has been given only for ventilators. 50,000 ventilators have been provided by the PM Cares fund.
- 50,000 ventilators provided to take care of emergency needs of Corona patients is the highest since independence as far as ventilator provision are concern.
- PM CARES is a registered public trust made under Chairmanship of PM Narendra Modi for emergencies like COVID19 whereas PMNRF was made in 1948 by an oral observation of the then PM to serve the needs to refugees from Pakistan etc.
- The Rajiv Gandhi Foundation did a special study in which it was recommended that Indian markets needs to be opened for Chinese products to make the relationship stronger between India and China.
BJP National President JP Nadda presides over Bhoomi Pujan program for construction of BJP Karnataka district offices:
- An office isn’t just a building, it is the centre of tradition and inspires people to join a party. A political worker develops working there. I always used to call people to our offices as it develops a worker’s tradition and grooms him better.
- Western nations are confused about humanity and economic activities. Medical ability of superpowers broke down back in March. PM Modi led 130 crore Indians and revolutionized the war against COVID in India.
- At the beginning, we used to do just 1,500 tests a day. Today, we are performing over 6 lakh tests everyday. This is how PM Modi prepared the nation for fighting the pandemic. Our recovery rate, too, is nearly 68-69%
- PM Modi did not just address health issues, but also economic issues. On 26 March, PM Gareeb Kalyan Yojana was announced. It would provide 80 crore people foodgrains until November at a cost of Rs 1.70 lakh crore
- In the Aatmanirbhar Bharat package worth Rs 20 lakh crore, Rs 3 lakh crore was given to the MSME sector so that businesses can take collateral loans and resume operations. Nearly Rs 1 lakh crore will be spent on Agricultural Infrastructure
Sachin Pilot :
- I thank Smt Sonia Ji, Rahul Gandhi Ji, Priyanka Gandhi Ji & INCIndia leaders for noting & addressing our grievances.
- I stand firm in my belief & will continue working for a better India, to deliver on promises made to the people of Rajasthan & protect democratic values we cherish
Modi Government has endangered Ecological Security, Lives & Livelihoods by Environmental Impact Assessment Notification 2020 (EIA 2020).randeep singh surjewala – congress Communications incharge
EIA 2020 is Anti-People & Anti-Environment.
EIA 2020 = “Money over Environment” & “Expediency over Transparency”
PM Shri Narendra Modi addresses Andaman and Nicobar Karyakarta Samvad. Excerpts of PM Moid’s speech. Content & Pics via BJP:
- For the development of New India, the entire nation needs to progress. The government may function from a specific point, but its work should reach out to every one and more importantly, to the person at the end of the ladder
- The Andaman and Nicobar Islands contributed in India’s struggle for Independence. It will also play a key role in Aatmanirbhar Bharat and the security and growth of New India
- 12 islands of Andaman and Nicobar have been selected where high-impact projects will be expanded. Andaman and Nicobar is at a strategic location in relation to trade and blue economy. It is linked to Kerala, Kolkata and Bangladesh
- The iconic Andaman & Nicobar Islands to become digitally independent on 10th August 2020. PM Narendra Modi will dedicate his dream project ‘The Submarine Optical Fiber Cable’ to the nation.