Capt Amarinder Singh – Chief Minister, Punjab:
Your attempt to cover up the atrocities against peaceful farmers with your tall pro-farmer claims is pathetic ML Khattar. Your data crunching won’t condone your govt’s crimes against farmers in Haryana.
You’ve no shame ML Khattar. Instead of apologizing for unprovoked & unjustified attack on farmers, you’re brazenly defending police action & are trying to vindicate Karnal SDM’s shocking instructions to Haryana cops, which the world saw & condemned.
If your govt has done so much for farmers as you claim ML Khattar then why’re your own farmers angry with you & your BJP? You failed to convince people that Punjab & its farmers were responsible for Farmers Protest, so are now resorting to lies & false claims.
Your BJP colluded with Akali Dal for 10 years to ruin Punjab’s economy. Yet, we’ve waived off Rs. 4624.38 Cr debt of 564143 Small & Marginal farmers & sanctioned Rs. 590 Cr for 2.85 lac landless farmers & labourers. So stop talking nonsense
You don’t give single paisa to Haryana farmers in power subsidy ML Khattar. In Punjab, we give Rs. 8218.16 Crore (about Rs. 60,000 per pump) every year for Agriculture pump-sets of farmers. As for MSP, we lead in procurement of wheat & paddy, so where’s the comparison?
Besides procurement on MSP we gave additional Rs 1100 cr in Kharif & Rs 900 cr in Rabi seasons to manage seamless operations because of your BJP led GoI & FCI shoddy management. You mess up things & we have to pay for it
We’ve given crores to Cotton & Maize growers in Punjab in last 3 years to promote alternative crops. We also give Rs. 4.00 per unit of electricity to farmers who save electricity by adopting water conservation techniques & sowing alternative crops.
We don’t need to pay interest because we pay farmers directly into their accounts within 72 hours. It is your govt’s poor management of the procurement process & your apathetic attitude towards the farmers which causes the payment delay in the first place
What’s this Rs 1000/acre for stubble management that you’re tom-tomming about? We give Rs 2500 per acre, which amounted to Rs 19.93 crore in FY20, given that 31231 farmers were benefitted.
Check facts before shooting off ML Khattar. We’ve not matched but exceeded Haryana’s sugarcane MSP & are at top of states’ table with @ Rs. 360/quintal cane SAP for crushing season 2021-22. We’d have hiked it even more had your BJP left us with some money.
Haryana CM ML Khattar to Punjab CM:
30 August 2021
Dear Capt Amarinder ji,
1. Haryana procures 10 crops at MSP – paddy, wheat, mustard, bajra, gram, moong, maize, ground nut, sun flower, cotton and makes the MSP payment directly into the account of the farmer. How many crops does Punjab buy from the farmer at MSP?
2. Haryana provides an incentive of Rs 7000/- per acre to every farmer who wants to move away from paddy cultivation. What is the incentive that Punjab provides to the farmer similarly?
3. Haryana pays interest at 12% to the farmer in case payment is delayed beyond 72 hours from the approval if the I-form. Does Punjab pay interest on delayed payment?
4. Haryana pays an incentive of Rs 5000 per acre to the farmer who adopts direct seeding of rice technology. What incentive does Punjab give?
5. Haryana pays every farmer Rs 1000 per acre for stubble management and provides linkages for sale of paddy straw. What incentive does Punjab provide to the farmer?
6.Haryana has been paying the highest MSP in the country for sugarcane to its farmers for the last 7 years. Why has Punjab felt the need to match Haryana only after an agitation by farmers?
7. Haryana supports farmers growing horticultural produce by instituting the Bhawantar Bharpayee Yojana to insulate the farmer from price variations below cost. What incentive does Punjab provide to its horticulture farmers?
8.Haryana has started a micro-irrigation scheme to support farmers with 85% subsidy to manage precious water for irrigation. What incentive does Punjab provide, and is it even concerned about the rapidly depleting water table that will finish the farmer?
Who is anti-farmer, Capt Amarinder ji? Punjab or Haryana?