P Chidambaram, @PChidambaram_IN – Former Union Finance Minister:
- I welcome ICMR’s new advice to government to do ‘rapid antibody tests” starting in hotspots.
- According to many doctors, this advice was overdue.
- CWC in its resolution pointed out that limited testing was a flawed strategy.
- Epidemiologists have demanded extensive and aggressive testing.
- Let government start aggressive testing today.
- A lockdown will be effective only if we TEST, TEST, DETECT, ISOLATE and TREAT.
- That is the lesson from Japan, South Korea and Singapore.