Kapil Sibal, Congress Leader :
Contempt power being used as a sledgehammer
Why are Courts helpless when institutions that need to protect the constitution and the laws show “ open contempt ” for both ?
Larger issues are at stake
History will judge the Court for having let us down
Kapil Sibal, Congress Leader :
PM CARES ( A Charitable Public Trust ) Corporates and Public Sector :
Do charity and
Gain PM ‘s Trust
In politics it’s called : मिली भगत
No CAG audit necessary says Supreme Court
Ravi Shankar Prasad, Law & Justice, Communications Minister :
- Funds collected by PMCARES fund are entirely different and these funds are funds of charitable trusts. This fund need not be transferred- Supreme Court on PM CARES.
- So far, 30000 crores have been given from PM Cares Fund to fight COVID. 2,000 crores of which has been given only for ventilators. 50,000 ventilators have been provided by the PM Cares fund.
- 50,000 ventilators provided to take care of emergency needs of Corona patients is the highest since independence as far as ventilator provision are concern.
- PM CARES is a registered public trust made under Chairmanship of PM Narendra Modi for emergencies like COVID19 whereas PMNRF was made in 1948 by an oral observation of the then PM to serve the needs to refugees from Pakistan etc.
- The Rajiv Gandhi Foundation did a special study in which it was recommended that Indian markets needs to be opened for Chinese products to make the relationship stronger between India and China.
Jagat Prakash Nadda, National President of Bharatiya Janata Party :
- The verdict by Supreme Court on PM CARES is a resounding blow to the nefarious designs of Rahul Gandhi & his band of ‘rent a cause’ activists. It shows that the truth shines despite the ill intent and malicious efforts of the Congress party and its associates.
- Rahul Gandhi’s rants have been repeatedly dismissed by the common man who has overwhelmingly contributed to PM CARES. With the highest court also pronouncing its verdict, will Rahul & his ‘rent a cause’ activist army mend their ways or embarrass themselves further?
- The Gandhi family treated PMNRF as it’s personal fiefdom for decades & brazenly transferred citizens’ hard-earned money from PMNRF to its family trusts.The country very well know that the orchestrated smear campaign against PM CARES is an attempt by the Congress to wash its sins.
Naveen Patnaik, CM, Odisha
- Glad to share that Odisha became the leading state in the country with 1,096 COVID19 tests per million per day, among the large states.
- Thanks everyone for scaling up testing facilities on war footing and strengthening Odisha’s effort to save every precious life.
Milind Deora, India’s former Minister for Telecom, IT, Posts, Shipping & Ports :
- Remembering former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his death anniversary — a statesman who secured India’s national interest by effortlessly reaching across the aisle.
- With my late father in 1998 during the launch of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s nationwide digital literacy initiative.
Subramanian Swamy, Rajya Sabha MP :
- M. S. Dhoni is retiring from Cricket but not from anything else.
- His talent-to be able to fight against odds and his inspiring leadership of a team that he has demonstrated in cricket is needed in public life.
- He should fight in LS General Elections in 2024.
Kapil Sibal, Congress Leader :
M S Dhoni
Full of grit and courage
Will never retire from our minds
Sachin Tendulkar :
- Saddened to hear about the demise of Chetan Bhai.
- He always had encouraging things to say to me & shared plenty of stories from his cricketing days with the Indian team.
Source : PIB
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances,Pensions,Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh announced here today that Centre will assist the Union Territory Government of Jammu & Kashmir to establish Grievance Portal in each of the 20 districts of the UT.
In a significant drive to strengthen the ongoing good governance initiatives in Jammu and Kashmir, Dr Jitendra Singh and Lieutenant Governor of Jammu & Kashmir held a telephonic discussion on the plan for next phase of expansion of the online Public Grievance Redressal portal in the Union Territory.
Following the discussion, Dr Jitendra Singh immediately convened a meeting of senior officers dealing with Public Grievances, including Secretary ARPG Dr.Kshatrapati Shivaji and Additional Secretary V. Srinivas. A plan was finalised to extend and establish a Portal in each of District Headquarters in Jammu & Kashmir for addressing the grievances of citizens and for providing services seamlessly at their doorstep.
This initiative is a continuation of a series of sustained efforts by the Union Government to create a transparent, accountable and citizen-friendly effective administration in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir in line with the vision outlined by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Captain. Legend. Inspiration.
As former Team India captain MS Dhoni retires from international cricket, we wish him the very best and thank him for the wonderful memories.
Pic Credit : BCCI
Dinesh Karthik, Crickerter :
- This is the last photo taken after our semis at the World Cup. lots of great memories through this journey.
- I hope the BCCI retire the #7 jersey in white ball cricket.
- Good luck with your second innings in life , I’m sure you’ll have a lot of surprises for us there too.
Pic Credit : Dinesh Karthik
Union Minister of Youth and Sports Kiren Rijiju launched yet another nation-wide initiative, the Fit India Youth Club, on the occasion of the 73rd Independence Day of the country today.
The Fit India Youth Club, a part of the Fit India Movement envisioned by Prime Minister, endeavours to harness the power of youth to create mass awareness about the importance of fitness, across the country.
The Fit India Youth Clubs bring together fitness and voluntarism in a unique way in which 75 lakh volunteers of Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan and National Service Scheme, along with Scouts and Guides, NCC and other youth organisations will come together to register as Fit India Youth Clubs in every block in the country, under the aegis of a district unit and each member of the club will motivate people from the community to take up fitness activities of 30 to 60 minutes in his or her daily routine.
Additionally, the clubs will organise and encourage schools and local bodies to organise one community fitness programme every quarter.
Speaking about the initiative, Rijiju said, “Only a fit citizen can contribute adequately to his or her country and help fellow citizens in their times of need. India is a country of 1.3 billion people, and we have 75 lakh youth volunteers already, and that number will go up to 1 crore very soon. I am sure that these 1 crore volunteers can motivate at least 30 crore Indians in every nook and corner of India to take up fitness activities regularly.
With time, both the numbers of volunteers and those who can be motivated to join the Fit India Movement will grow, and soon, we will be able to reach out to every Indian.”
‘Together As One’ – 65 Singers , 5 Languages , One Nation , One Song
65 Singers have come together to present this Thamizha Thamizha reprise for a very important cause. Completely executed, shot and produced from their respective homes given the pandemic situation.
Let’s share love, knowledge, kindness and Music…
Happy independence day. Jai Ho! Jai Hind!A R RAHMAN
ITBP troops celebrating Independence Day 2020 on the banks of Pangong Tso in Ladakh.
BJP National President JP Nadda presides over Bhoomi Pujan program for construction of BJP Karnataka district offices:
- An office isn’t just a building, it is the centre of tradition and inspires people to join a party. A political worker develops working there. I always used to call people to our offices as it develops a worker’s tradition and grooms him better.
- Western nations are confused about humanity and economic activities. Medical ability of superpowers broke down back in March. PM Modi led 130 crore Indians and revolutionized the war against COVID in India.
- At the beginning, we used to do just 1,500 tests a day. Today, we are performing over 6 lakh tests everyday. This is how PM Modi prepared the nation for fighting the pandemic. Our recovery rate, too, is nearly 68-69%
- PM Modi did not just address health issues, but also economic issues. On 26 March, PM Gareeb Kalyan Yojana was announced. It would provide 80 crore people foodgrains until November at a cost of Rs 1.70 lakh crore
- In the Aatmanirbhar Bharat package worth Rs 20 lakh crore, Rs 3 lakh crore was given to the MSME sector so that businesses can take collateral loans and resume operations. Nearly Rs 1 lakh crore will be spent on Agricultural Infrastructure
Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Ind Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region :
- On 101st birth anniversary of first ISRO Chairman Dr Vikram Sarabhai, humble tribute to one of the founding fathers of India’s Space programme.
- ISRO’s glorious achievements of recent years vindicate Sarabhai’s dream of India becoming a frontline nation in space technology.