Vice President of India and Chairman of Rajya Sabha, M.Venkaiah Naidu virtually laying the foundation stone for housing complex for Rajya Sabha employees in New Delhi today :
- A parcel of land was allotted to the Rajya Sabha Secretariat for housing purpose at R.K. Puram, New Delhi. The Secretariat has been paying huge annual rent for locating RSTV in the NDMC building. Relocating the channel at this new place will bring substantial savings.
- Provisioning of housing close to their work place acts as a motivator for the employees to give out their best.
- With rapid increase in urbanization in our country, the demand for housing is set to rise sharply. To address this ‘Housing for All Mission in Urban Areas’ was started. I have the honour of conceptualising and launching this mission as the then Minister in June, 2015.
- Real estate sector is 2nd largest source of employment after agriculture. To address many questionable practices by the fly-by-night operators, Govt enacted the Real Estate Regulation and Development Act in 2016. I am happy that as the then minister I was associated with it.
- Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted the vulnerability of the poor and the migrant workers with regard to housing which is an integral component of the Right to Life. I am glad to know that the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has redoubled its efforts to address this problem.