Piyush Goyal – Union Railway Minister :
- It gives me immense pleasure to hand over along with EAM Dr SJ aishankar ji, 10 broad gauge locomotives for the use of Bangladesh Railways
- These locomotives will be useful in handling the growing passenger & freight train operations between India & Bangladesh.
- India & Bangladesh have come a long way in the last few years. Our bilateral relationship today is at its very best.
- Our neighbourhood policy follows PM @NarendraModi ji’s vision of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikaas, aur Sabka Vishwas
- Indian and Bangladesh Railways have introduced Parcel & Container train services via Benapole in Bangladesh.
- Both these services have already started in the month of July. These will enable us to move a wide range of products from both sides.