Yes we want to work with all parties to reform the EC.Derek O’brien – tmc Leader
Yes we want to combat FakeNews by firmly dealing with offenders, spread awareness & hold media owners accountable
Yes we want to protect all cherished institutions including Parliament.
But now one focus Fight Against Corona
Mamata Banerjee – Chief Minister, West Bengal:
Thank you Narendra Modi ji for your wishes.
I look forward to the Centre’s sustained support keeping the best interest of WB in mind.
I extend my full cooperation & hope together we can fight this pandemic amid other challenges & set a new benchmark for Centre-State relations.
PM Modi on 2 May 21 :
Congratulations to Mamata Didi for TMC’s win in West Bengal. The Centre will continue to extend all possible support to the West Bengal Government to fulfil people’s aspirations and also to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
Joint press conference by BJP Leaders Dr.Sambit Patra and Dr. Anirban Ganguly :
- The situation in Bengal is unbelievable. We’ve never witnessed such scenes in India’s electoral history. Bengal is burning. There should be graciousness after winning polls. However, the violence being done in Bengal is painful and saddening.
- 2.28 crore Bengalis voted for BJP. Is it not their democratic right to vote for a political party of their choice? Will Mamata-TMC govt take care of them? Do they have no democratic right?
- I want to ask – what was the fault of Abhijit Sarkar who was killed? What was the fault of Shoba Rani Mandal – a booth worker from Jagaddal, who was killed? What was the fault of Uttam Ghosh, Horom Adhikary, Momik Moitra and Gourab Sarkar?
- We appeal to the BJP karyakartas that the party stands in strength with you. It will come to you and support you during this hour. BJP National President JP Nadda Ji will personally visit them – the same Nadda Ji, who was attacked by TMC goons earlier.
- Mamata Ji – you’ve won and everyone has congratulated you for it. You’re a woman and the daughter of Bengal. Aren’t these women who’re being killed and raped daughters of Bengal? Do they deserve this?
- We’re the main Opposition party in Bengal today and we are taking this pledge today – we are standing by the 2.28 crore voters of Bengal who believed in us.
- Several BJP karyakartas have had to leave their houses in Bolpur, Birbhum and other constituencies for their safety. They’re spending their days in fear.
- Several BJP karyakartas are getting anonymous phone calls that are mostly death threats. Bengal Minister and TMC leader Firhad Hakim had also said that after elections end and Central forces leave the state, we will take care of everyone.
- People who voted for TMC in Bengal, look into your conscience and answer this – whatever is happening in Bengal, is it right? Is this situation good? Is this the ‘Khela’ TMC and Mamata Didi was talking about?
Congratulations to Mamata Didi for TMC’s win in West Bengal.PM Narendra Modi
The Centre will continue to extend all possible support to the West Bengal Government to fulfil people’s aspirations and also to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bengal is a decisive win for the “idea of India”, an inclusive, pluralist India where your religion or region don’t matter.Shashi Tharoor – MP, Congress leader
It shows BJP’s electoral juggernaut is not invincible.
And it reasserts the value of a federal India where States resist the overweening power of the Centre.
Mamata Banerjee, Chief Minister, West Bengal :
With the massive surge in COVID19 cases across India, Govt. of West Bengal is taking all necessary steps to protect its people.
I have reached out to the Prime Minister to help us with additional medicines and vaccines required.
I have also directed all the top officials to make elaborate arrangements and step up their efforts at every level to deal with COVID19 situation in West Bengal.
The Chief Secretary along with key officials will be doing a Press conference at 2PM to discuss the details of the plan
West Bengal Chief Secretary and Health Secretary briefed me on Covid-19 scenario.Jagdeep dhankhar – governor, west bengal
Impressed upon then to take all affirmative steps to secure full participation of people.
Central Government & State Government must act in tandem to combat this menace to humanity.
Rahul Gandhi – Former Congress President:
In view of the Covid situation, I am suspending all my public rallies in West Bengal.
I would advise all political leaders to think deeply about the consequences of holding large public rallies under the current circumstances.
P Chidambaram – Former Union Finance Minister:
I cannot recall in recent years any case of police firing on voting day during elections resulting in 4 deaths.
It is a case of a failure of leadership and management of the deployment of security personnel. Who should bear responsibility?
The EC should be held responsible because it has made large scale transfers and postings of senior police officers in West Bengal.
The polarisation of society that is taking place in West Bengal, thanks to the BJP, is the gravest tragedy that has befallen that state.
I cannot believe that the land of Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Raja Ram Mohun Roy, Ishwar Chander Vidyasagar, Rabindranath Tagore, Subhas Chandra Bose Satyajit Ray and Dr B C Roy can fall prey to the virus of communalism.
Anyone who claims the legacy of these great leaders — as I proudly do — should shun and fight communalism.
Had telephone conversation with Mamata Banerjee to enquire her well being as 6.1 Earthquake Tremors Felt In North Bengal.jagdeep dhankhar – governor, west bengal
CM is at Siliguri presently. Relieved to learn all well at her end.
The epicentre of the earthquake was 25 km east-southeast (ESE) of Gangtok, Sikkim.
Home Minister Amit Shah addresses public meeting in Purba Medinipur, West Bengal. Speech Excerpts via BJP India:
You were fed up with the Communists, and didi promised you transformation. Has there been any change?
Infiltration has continued and there has been no change!
Can Mamata di free Bengal of infiltration? We will free Bengal from infiltration.
Mamata Didi wants to make her nephew the next CM. On the contrary, PM Modi wants to make Sonar Bangla.
If you want Sonar Bangla, make sure you form a BJP govt in the state.
Fishermen will also receive an yearly help of Rs 6,000 from a BJP govt.
We will also work on skill development in the region full of gold makers.
We will also ensure a health cover of Rs 5 lakh for everyone under Ayushman Bharat.
The govt employees of West Bengal have not received the 7th Pay Commission. We will implement it as soon as we form the govt.
We will also increase salaries of teachers.
TMC goons should not feel that they are safe. After forming the govt on May 2, we will find the murderers of 130 BJP karyakartas and put them in jail!
We will also give OBC reservation to Mahisya caste.
Mamata Banerjee – Chief Minister, West Bengal:
On International Womens Day I want to congratulate all the women around the world.
Best wishes to my sisters (and brothers too).
Govt of West Bengal is committed to the welfare and empowerment of women
In Bengal, Swasthya Sathi cards are issued in the name of the eldest woman family member as Head of family.
Also, since 2011, more than 6.7 lakh SHGs have been formed in WB, empowering 90 lakh women
While the Centre has not yet brought the Women’s Reservation Bill in Parliament, I am proud that TMC has 41% women MPs in Lok Sabha and 31% in Rajya Sabha.
We have also reserved 50% seats in local bodies for women candidates
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed a massive rally at Brigade Parade Ground,
PM Modi said “I have had the privilege of addressing hundreds of rallies in political life, but in such a long tenure I have never been blessed with such a large mass group, I have got to witness such a scene today.”
The BJP has announced Shri Suvendu Adhikari as its candidate from Nandigram.Amit Malviya – National In-charge of BJP’s IT Dept.:
Mamata Banerjee will soon join the inglorious list of incumbent Chief Ministers to lose their own elections.
Let the drums roll…
Image Credit: BJP India
Parties, unsure about their prospects, not facing a problem of plenty, rush to name candidates, many of who have nothing to do with public service.Amit Malviya – National In-charge of BJP’s IT Dept.:
The BJP, as and when it releases its list will field candidates who will embody the aspirations of people and work for Sonar Bangla.
Amit Malviya – National In-charge of BJP’s IT Dept.:
- In Barrackpore, TMC goons attack a BJP worker and the police remains a mute spectator…
- One of the worst crimes of Mamata Banerjee is the crass politicisation of the administration and police.
- West Bengal is suffering the consequences of crumbling law and order…
Amit Shah – Union Home Minister:
- Fortunate to have visited the Aurobindo Bhavan and paid tributes to the legendary Sri Aurobindo ji.
- He was a staunch nationalist, who made stellar contribution to India’s freedom struggle.
- His thoughts and ideals helped greatly in shaping the future vision of our society.
Para teachers plunged into Aadi Ganga just besides Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s house in protest…Amit Malviya – National In-charge of BJP’s IT Dept.:
Pishi has been ignoring their demands for long, just like she has been ignoring aspirations of several other groups…