Had the great fortune of receiving the blessings of His Holiness Jagadguru Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati Ji Maharaj in Uttarakhand today.Akhilesh yadav – former cm, uttar pradesh
Rajnath Singh – Defence Minister:
I have been watching the visuals from Chamoli district about the damage caused by Glacier burst.
In this difficult time, we stand shoulder to shoulder with the people affected by the tragedy. Praying for the well-being of the people of Uttarakhand.
The loss of precious lives due to the Glacier burst in Chamoli is deeply painful. My thoughts are with the bereaved families. Two helicopters from the Armed Forces have been moved from Bareily to Joshimath for rescue and relief operations
Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change :
With 38 sites, now India has the highest number of Ramsar sites in South Asia.
Wetlands Convention has declared “Asan Conservation Reserve” in Uttarakhand as a site of international importance.
Wetlands are among the most productive ecosystems in the world.
Dr Subramanian Swamy – MP, Former Union Minister:
I am happy to inform PTs that I have filed a SLP against the Uttarakhand HC Order on the Government take over of Char Dam, Kedar Nath, Badri Nath and 50 other temples in the State and made CM as Chairman for all these temples forever!!!
Dr Subramanian Swamy – Former Union cabinet Minister:
- Orders reserved in the Uttarakhand 4 dhams and 51 temples grab case
- I filed the case on February 28th 2020.
- Despite Corona virus Pandemic Lockdown etc, Order reserved July 6th.
- The fastest court case I know–despite BJP Uttarakhand Govt being complicit.
- Congrats Hon’ble CJ and brother Judge
Source : PIB
- Prime Minister today conducted a review of the Kedarnath Dham development and reconstruction project with the Uttarakhand state government via video conferencing.
- Laying out his vision for the reconstruction of the shrine, Prime Minister said that the state Government should envision and design development projects for holy sites like Kedarnath and Badrinath in a way and manner that stands the test of time and is yet eco-friendly and in harmony with nature and its surroundings.
- Keeping in mind the present situation and comparatively lean pressure in terms of tourists and pilgrims to the holy sites, Prime Minister suggested that the present construction season could be utilized for completing pending works by proper distribution of labour pools, keeping in mind the norms of social distancing. This will help to create facilities and infrastructure to better sustain tourism flows in the years to come.
- As part of specific suggestions, Prime Minister also gave directions for further development of otherheritage and religious spotsin the stretch extending from Ramban to Kedarnath. This work will be in addition to the re-development of the main shrine in Kedarnath.
- The meeting also saw detailed discussions on topics related to status of development of Brahma Kamal vatika (garden) and museum to greet pilgrimsen-route to Vasuki Taal, re-development of old town quarters and properties of historical significance keeping in-tact their original architectural façade as well as other facilities like eco-friendly parking spaces at a proper distance from the shrine and at regular intervals.
- Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Sh. Trivendra Singh Rawat and other senior officials also participated in the discussions.
T.S.Singh Deo :
- What exactly is up with this year?!
- Forest Fires in Uttarakhand are burning our vegetation cover- 2 lives have been lost,already.
- I hope the govt is not losing precious time,sitting on the issue for it to become a disaster!
- Action needs to be taken right away.