Ravi Shankar Prasad – Union Minister for Communications:
Ravi Shankar Prasad, Electronics & Information Technology Minister :
- A total of 22 companies have filed their application under the PLI Scheme. The International companies are Samsung, Foxconn Hon Hai, Rising Star, Wistron and Pegatron. Indian companies are Lava, Dixon, Micromax, Padget Electronics, Sojo and Optiemus Electronics have applied.
- These companies will produce mobile phones and components worth Rs 11.5 lakh crore in the coming 5 years out of which products worth Rs 7 lakh crore will be exported.
- Under the leadership of PM @narendramodi , PLI scheme was introduced to welcome global companies and to make Indian companies as national champions in the electronic sector. I welcome the Indian companies Lava, Dixon, Micromax, Padget Electronics, Sojo and Optiemus Electronics.
- The domestic value addition is expected to grow from the current 15-20% to 35-40% in case of mobile phones and 45-50% for electronic components. This shows that India will soon become a hub of electronics manufacturing in the world.
- Challans worth ₹100 Crore collected through virtual courts since July 2019.
- Virtual courts have done away with the need to physically visit Court to pay fine for traffic offenses.
Ravi Shankar Prasad -Electronics & Information Technology Minister :
- Zoya Khan is India’s first transgender operator of Common Service Centre from Vadodara district of Gujarat.
- She has started CSC work with Tele medicine consultation.
- Her vision is to support transgender community in making them digitally literate & give them better opportunities.
Delighted to announce that India has joined the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence or #GPAI today as a founding member. This multi-stakeholder international partnership will promote responsible and human centric development and use of AI:
Ravi Shankar Prasad – Union IT Minister
- India today joined the league of leading economies including USA, UK, EU, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Singapore to launch the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI or Gee-Pay).
- GPAI is an international and multi-stakeholder initiative to guide the responsible development and use of AI, grounded in human rights, inclusion, diversity, innovation, and economic growth.
- This is also a first initiative of its type for evolving better understanding of the challenges and opportunities around AI using the experience and diversity of participating countries. In order to achieve this goal, the initiative will look to bridge the gap between theory and practice on AI by supporting cutting-edge research and applied activities on AI-related priorities.
- In collaboration with partners and international organizations, GPAI will bring together leading experts from industry, civil society, governments, and academia to collaborate to promote responsible evolution of AI and will also evolve methodologies to show how AI can be leveraged to better respond to the present global crisis around COVID-19.
- It is pertinent to note that India has recently launched National AI Strategy and National AI Portal and have also started leveraging AI across various sectors such as education, agriculture, healthcare, e-commerce, finance, telecommunications, etc. with inclusion and empowerment of human being approach by supplementing growth and development.
- By joining GPAI as a founding member, India will actively participate in the global development of Artificial Intelligence, leveraging upon its experience around use of digital technologies for inclusive growth.
- GPAI will be supported by a Secretariat, to be hosted by Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) in Paris, as well as by two Centers of Expertise- one each in Montreal and Paris.
- Content Source @rsprasad, @PIB_India
Ravi Shankar Prasad ; Union IT Minister:
- Delighted that Litchi from Muzaffarpur is going to London.
- A farmer from Muzaffarpur in Bihar has sold Litchi to a buyer in London through digital platform of Common Service Center.
- Farmer not only got the best price for Litchis but also saved transportation related challenges.
- To help farmers sell their produce during COVID19 CSC has started a pilot on digital platform to connect farmers, buyers & logistics service providers, developed by a startup @agri10x.
- This initiative will help in realising the vision of PM Narendra Modi for empowering farmers
Pic Credit: @rsprasad
To make India as a global leader in Electronics Manufacturing, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launches 3 new schemes – PLI, SPECS and EMC 2.0.
Ravi Shankar Prasad – Electronics & Information Technology Minister :
- Announced 3 Schemes of ₹50,000 Crore for development of electronics manufacturing sector which will be implemented from today
1.Production Linked Incentive Scheme
2.Component Manufacturing Scheme
3.Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters Scheme
- With the announcement of Schemes like PLI, SPECS and EMC 2.0 we hope to generate employment for 15 to 20 Lakh people in the coming few years in electronics manufacturing sector..
- India has emerged as the 2nd largest mobile manufacturer of the world. In 2014-15 value of mobile produced was Rs 18,992 Crore with 6 Crore units. In 2018-19 it increased to Rs 1,70,000 Crore in value and 30 Crore in terms of units.
- When Modi govt had come to power in the year 2014, the electronics manufacturing production in terms of its value in India was ₹1,90,366 Crore and today in the year 2018-19 it has risen to ₹ 4,58,000 Crore.
- Self-reliant India is not an India of isolation or not a inward-looking country. It is an India that enhances its capacity and develops a strong ecosystem as well as a robust supply chain linked with the global economy.
Dr Ravi Shankar Prasad – Union Minister:
- Went for my dental checkup to Dr. Rajiv Chugh & his distinguished wife Dr. Vineeta Chugh- both well-known dental surgeons.
- COVID19 has changed our lives.
- As means of protection against CoronaVirus it was interesting to see their attire as well as mine.
- Is it going to a new normal?
Ravi Shankar Prasad – Union Minister for IT:
- Launched the National Portal for Artificial Intelligence http://ai.gov.in Jointly developed by @GoI_Meity and NASSCOM.
- This portal will be one stop portal for AI related developments in India.
- Also launched Responsible AI for Youth – a joint initiative of @GoI_Meity, MHRD and @Intel to train students from government schools in AI and encourage innovations.
Excerpts of Press Conference by Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad :
- Rahul Gandhi earlier said that lockdown isn’t a solution against COVID-19. On the contrary, Punjab and Rajasthan imposed lockdowns at an earliest.
- Maharashtra extended it till 31st May. Do your CMs not listen to you?
- Rahul Gandhi suggested the NYAY Scheme, then why not implement it in Congress-ruled states?
- Meanwhile, the Modi govt has sent Rs 52,000 crores to the poor and needy, while also providing food and other necessities to everyone.
- The following are the five methods in which Rahul Gandhi has tried to weaken the resolve of the country-
1. Spreading negativity
2. Working against the nation in times of crisis
3. Taking false credit
4. Saying something and doing something else
5. Spreading false facts and false news
- Rahul Gandhi also has made false allegations that ticket money is being charged from migrant workers in Shramik Special trains.
- The government has repeatedly informed that the fare is not being charged from the laborers, the Railway Ministry is bearing 85% of the ticket fare and the State Governments the balance 15%
Ravi Shankar Prasad – Law & Justice, Communications, Electronics & Information Technology Minister of India :
- Interacted with the Chief Post Masters General (CPMGs) of India Post through video conferencing solution indigenously developed by C-DOT. Reviewed their work done during COVID19 lockdown.
- Urged all the CPMGs to help out migrant workers across India. India Post network can provide relief to them, help them in getting financial assistance sent by Govt. and also create data base of their skills-sets.
- Asked India Post to become active in offering Tele-medicine services to the people at their doorsteps. They can also collaborate with Common Service Centers in offering tele-medicine services.
- I want India Post to become a flag bearer of India’s logistics supply chain by making it high-tech, automated and modern. Creating a modern logistics support system is essential for achieving the overall goal of AatmaNirbharBharat as envisioned by PM Narendra Modi.
- MGNREGA payments have been increased significantly in the recently announced AatmaNirbharBharat Package. India Post must leverage its vast network across India and play a vital role in disbursement of these payments to workers.
- Each circle of India Post has done a commendable work during #COVID19 crises. I want the Department to highlight the good works done by different circles on their website. Also all the CPMGs should felicitate their employees who have done good works during this crises.
Ravi Shankar Prasad – Union Minister:
- Amidst the crisis of COVID-19, Corona Warriors of India Post Office reached out to more than 5.25 lakh people on 19th May, providing them much needed Cash & DBT withdrawals through AePS &
- created another record for the highest number of AePS transactions in a day.
Excerpts of the Press Conference by Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister – Law & Justice :
- Congress have always tried to save Nirav Modi or Mehul Choksi. Now that they have been arrested, Congress’ members who have been retired judges themselves, are defending such frauds.
- On 13th May, a retired judge of the Mumbai High Court, took the stand as the Defense witness of Nirav Modi and said that there is no case against Nirav Modi. All efforts have been made to save them.
- He is a retired judge of the Mumbai High Court. He was transferred to Allahabad High Court 10 months before retirement for administrative work. Interestingly, he took membership of Congress on 13 June 2018.
- Matters related to Nirav Modi belong to the Congress rule. Most of this happened in UPA-1 and UPA-2. Mr. Rahul Gandhi also attended a program of Nirav Modi on 13 September 2013.
- We assure you that we will leave no stone unturned to extradite and bring Nirav Modi to India. We condemn the actions of the Congress party in this regard.
File Pic Credit : Ravi Shankar Prasad
Ravi Shankar Prasad, @rsprasad – Union Communications Minister:
- Now BSNL & MTNL will extend validity period of their pre-paid mobiles upto 20 April 2020 & provide ₹10 of additional talk time even after zero balance.
- This will enable poor people make calls for help even if they don’t have any balance left.
- Held a review of performance of essential services under Department of Telecom and Department of Post with heads of circles from all states through Video Conference today.
- Urged all senior officers of Dept. of Telecom and Dept. of Post to ensure that all essential services like phone, mobile, Internet, logistics and financial services work properly during #21daysLockdown.
- Asked all the Chief Post Master General to provide relief and assistance to poor people especially daily wager workers and migrant laborers during #21daysLockdown in coordination with state administration.
- During the video conference, took feedback on functioning of their essential services during #21daysLockdown from heads of circles of BSNL and India Post.
- Exhorted them to rise to the occasion and set new benchmarks in public service as IndiaFightsCorona.