Ashok Gehlot – Chief Minister of Rajasthan:
- It is the third day of FM’s announcements about Rs 20 lakh crore rescue package.
- The first thing the FM should have done was to give a complete break-up of the numbers, figures, details regarding package.
- It is important for transparency, clarity & for understanding the impact.
- States have not been given any financial assistance even though the entire expenditure on fighting COVID19, enforcing lockdown, providing support to migrants, labours and relief to the poorest has had to be borne by states.
- When the GDP is dipping into deep recession and is predicted to grow at -3 % this year, more than 14 crore people have lost jobs, large number of people are living at near starvation level, Govt of India has given a package 90% of which is in the form of Bank loans.
- It is clear that there is nothing for the landless labours and the Urban poor in these packages.