Sukhbir Singh Badal – President, Shiromani Akali Dal :
- Be cautioned Capt Amarinder Singh against the indiscriminate use of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act by Punjab police under DGP Dinkar Gupta who is known for his anti-Sikh stances.
- He should be strongly directed to desist from booking Sikh youth under UAPA for minor offences.
- Sikh youth are increasingly being jailed for minor offences under #UAPA.
- Your DGP of Punjab Police thinks that indoctrination turns youth into terrorists during a one-day visit to Kartarpur Sahib as stated earlier by him.
- SAD will fight for Sikh youth implicated in false cases.
- Dubbing youth as anti-nationalists & jailing them for minor offences can lead to unrest in Punjab & take it back to the dark era.
- Punjabis never supported Referendum 2020 or any divisive agenda & have a long history of sacrificing lives for the nation.