Jairam Ramesh – Congress leader:
- After 5 days of press meets by Finance Minister, it is clear that India has become a member of NATO: No Action Talk Only.
- The public sector built India.
- It made India strong and self-reliant.
- Now in the name of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’, Modi-style, the public sector is being taken to the shamshaan ghat.
- Many of the announcements made by the Finance Minister in the last 5 days require Parliamentary approval and scutiny.
- It’s imperative that Parliament is convened at the earliest.
- Modi govt acting as a ‘mai-baap’ sarkar to state govts.
- Tax devolution and statutory grants to state governments is now passed of as “generous support”.
- It’s your primary Constitutional obligation, Finance Minister, and comes before Centre’s own expenditure.
Pic Courtesy: @Jairam_Ramesh