Ministry of Finance, @FinMinIndia:
- More than Rs 36,659 Crore transferred by using Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) through Public Financial Management System (PFMS) in the Bank accounts of 16.01 crore beneficiaries during #COVID19 lockdown.
- DBT payments have reached beneficiaries under various schemes such as
- PM KISAN,
- Mahatma Gandhi National Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGS),
- National Social Assistance Program (NSAP),
- Prime Minster’s Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY),
- National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM),
- National Health Mission (NHM),
- Scholarship Schemes of various ministries through National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- Apart from above mentioned schemes, payments were also made under
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
- Rs 500 was credited in women account holder’s Jan-Dhan accounts.
- Till 13.04.2020 total number of women beneficiaries were 19.86 cr, which resulted in disbursement of Rs 9,930 cr.
- Through 180 welfare schemes, the State Governments using Public Financial Management System (PFMS) have disbursed an amount of Rs. 9,217.22 cr to 4.59 cr beneficiaries, between 24th March 2020 till 17th April 2020.
- PFMS usage for DBT Payments has increased over last 3 Financial Years wherein Transaction count increased to 11% during FY 2018-19 (compared to FY 2017-18) and 48% in FY 2019-20.
- The total DBT amount disbursed increased from 22% in FY 2018-19 to 45% in FY 2019-20.
- Benefits of DBT
- DBT intends to achieve:
- Curbing pilferage and duplication
- Accurate targeting of the beneficiary
- Reduced delay in payments,
- Electronic transfer of benefits,
- minimizing levels involved in benefit flow.