Hardeep S Puri – Union Minister for Civil Aviation:
- In 1st phase of Vande Bharat we were to bring back 14,800 Indians on 64 flights. 8500 Indians have already returned till this morning. More flights are underway.
- In the 2nd phase the numbers are being doubled. 30,000 more Indians will return from 31 countries on 149 flights.
- Phase-2 of Vande Bharat from 16-22 May will also include flights from Armenia, Australia, Belarus, Canada, France, Georgia, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Nigeria, Russia, Tajikistan, Thailand & Ukraine.
- Phase-1 flew to Bahrain, Bangladesh, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, UAE, UK & USA.
- Flyers have to pay for these services & will undergo a paid 14-day quarantine in their destination states.
- All prescribed preventive measures will be taken.
Pic Credit: HardeepSPuri