Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Information & Broadcasting :
Today Ministry of Information and Broadcasting have released a detailed SOP for resuming work in the media production industry.
The general principles behind the SOP will help create a safe working environment for cast and crew in the industry.
Physical distancing :
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible at all locations at all times, while sitting, standing in queues, etc. These include places such as shoot locations, sound recording studios, editing rooms, etc.
- Aspects such as scenes, sequences, set-ups, camera locations, positions of various crew members, seating arrangements, food and catering arrangements, staggered meal timings, etc. shall be planned while giving due consideration to physical distancing norms.
- Measures shall be taken by the production team to involve minimum number of cast and crew members during the shoot.
- Visitors and audience shall not be allowed on sets.
- For outdoor shooting, necessary coordination with the local authorities shall be ensured to minimize and manage the spectators.
- Resting or stay-over facilities shall be planned while adhering to physical distancing guidelines.
- Staggered call and pack-up timings for different production units shall be ensured by studios having multiple sets.
- The SOP ensures adequate distancing at shoot locations and other work places and contains measures including proper sanitization, crowd management and provision for protective equipments.
‘Contact Minimisation’ is at the core of the SOP. This will be ensured by minimal physical contact and sharing of props, PPEs for hair stylists and make-up artists among others.
Contact Minimization :
- Face cover/ mask are mandatory for cast and crew, except for actors in front of the camera.
- Sharing of costumes, hair wigs, makeup items, equipment, etc. should be kept at a minimum.
- Make-up artists and hair stylists shall use relevant PPE. Artists should be encouraged to do their hair styling and make-up remotely with the help of professionals.
- Persons handling or working with common/shared equipment shall wear disposable gloves. Efforts should be made to encourage wearing of gloves among other members of the cast and crew as well.
- Lavalier lapel mics may be avoided and shall never be shared. Direct physical contact with the diaphragm of other mics shall be avoided.
- Efforts shall be made to minimize the use of props. Sanitization of props shall be done before and after use.