- Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray launched the Google Classroom initiative for enabling remote learning for school students in the state today, making Maharashtra the first state in the country to implement the project.
- Deputy CM Ajit Pawar and Minister of School Education Varsha Gaikwad were present for the same.
- CM Uddhav Thackeray said that while the pandemic brought the world to a standstill, it has also helped us catapult from the present into the future.
- He urged the younger generation to use emerging technology in other sectors as well.
- Education has always been his primary concern, said the CM.
- The state Government’s stance has always been on how and when education, rather than schools, could be started again after the enforced pause on school education caused by the pandemic.