Congress Party Press Briefing by @Pawankhera, Spokesperson, AICC :
- Crude oil prices went down unexpectedly and historically yesterday. Such situation occurred due to non-purchase of crude oil in America.
- India is the tenth largest oil importer from the US after it was banned from importing oil from Iran.
- Why did we refuse to buy oil when the price has fallen so low Internationally? While we also have storage capacity.
- Central excise duty on oil has been increased 12 times in last 6 years that has earned ₹ 20 lakh crore.
- Why has the benefit not been passed on to the consumers?
- Is the government fulfilling its obligation by not passing on this benefit to the consumers.