Shashi Tharoor – MP, Congress leader:
- Kerala has 20,000+ daily cases.
- Initial success in curbing Covid means that fewer people have antibodies, 43% vs 68% nationally.
- The Centre must assist with more vaccines: we should vaccinate 10m ppl across age groups before Onam to reduce high-risk cases & healthcare burdens.
- I appeal to the Union Govt to provide additional doses of vaccine to Kerala State to make the target of 10 million people possible before Onam.
- Otherwise India’s largest Covid caseload could become even larger & spark a national crisis.