Excerpts of the Press Conference by Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister – Law & Justice :
- Congress have always tried to save Nirav Modi or Mehul Choksi. Now that they have been arrested, Congress’ members who have been retired judges themselves, are defending such frauds.
- On 13th May, a retired judge of the Mumbai High Court, took the stand as the Defense witness of Nirav Modi and said that there is no case against Nirav Modi. All efforts have been made to save them.
- He is a retired judge of the Mumbai High Court. He was transferred to Allahabad High Court 10 months before retirement for administrative work. Interestingly, he took membership of Congress on 13 June 2018.
- Matters related to Nirav Modi belong to the Congress rule. Most of this happened in UPA-1 and UPA-2. Mr. Rahul Gandhi also attended a program of Nirav Modi on 13 September 2013.
- We assure you that we will leave no stone unturned to extradite and bring Nirav Modi to India. We condemn the actions of the Congress party in this regard.
File Pic Credit : Ravi Shankar Prasad