Joint press conference by BJP Leaders Dr.Sambit Patra and Dr. Anirban Ganguly :
- The situation in Bengal is unbelievable. We’ve never witnessed such scenes in India’s electoral history. Bengal is burning. There should be graciousness after winning polls. However, the violence being done in Bengal is painful and saddening.
- 2.28 crore Bengalis voted for BJP. Is it not their democratic right to vote for a political party of their choice? Will Mamata-TMC govt take care of them? Do they have no democratic right?
- I want to ask – what was the fault of Abhijit Sarkar who was killed? What was the fault of Shoba Rani Mandal – a booth worker from Jagaddal, who was killed? What was the fault of Uttam Ghosh, Horom Adhikary, Momik Moitra and Gourab Sarkar?
- We appeal to the BJP karyakartas that the party stands in strength with you. It will come to you and support you during this hour. BJP National President JP Nadda Ji will personally visit them – the same Nadda Ji, who was attacked by TMC goons earlier.
- Mamata Ji – you’ve won and everyone has congratulated you for it. You’re a woman and the daughter of Bengal. Aren’t these women who’re being killed and raped daughters of Bengal? Do they deserve this?
- We’re the main Opposition party in Bengal today and we are taking this pledge today – we are standing by the 2.28 crore voters of Bengal who believed in us.
- Several BJP karyakartas have had to leave their houses in Bolpur, Birbhum and other constituencies for their safety. They’re spending their days in fear.
- Several BJP karyakartas are getting anonymous phone calls that are mostly death threats. Bengal Minister and TMC leader Firhad Hakim had also said that after elections end and Central forces leave the state, we will take care of everyone.
- People who voted for TMC in Bengal, look into your conscience and answer this – whatever is happening in Bengal, is it right? Is this situation good? Is this the ‘Khela’ TMC and Mamata Didi was talking about?