Dr S Jaishankar – External Affairs Minister:
- A productive UNSC open debate on Maritime Security.
- UNSC chaired by an Indian PM for the first time. Two Presidents, one PM, and ten Ministers joined PM Narendra Modi on this important occasion.
- Ten non Council members sent their written position underlining that the debate was timely and relevant.
- PM articulated five key martime principles- on trade, disputes, natural disasters, environment and connectivity.
- Statement on Martime Security unanimously adopted by UNSC.
- Thank all Council members for supporting the first signature event of Indian Presidency.