Congress President Sonia Gandhi writes to PM Modi with 5 suggestions to fight the COVID-19 pandemic
‘Suspend the ₹20,000 CR ‘Central Vista’ beautification and construction project forthwith’Sonia Gandhi
Randeep Singh Surjewala, @rssurjewala, Congress Leader –
Sonia Ji’s 5 suggestions to PM on “Austerity Measures” :
- Impose a complete ban on media advertisements by the Govt and PSU’s for a period of two years. Central Govt currently spends ₹1250 CR per year & PSU’s spend an equal or bigger amount. Use it to fight #Covid_19
- Suspend the ₹20,000 CR ‘Central Vista’ beautification and construction project forthwith. Parliament can function within the existing building. Use it for constructing new Hospitals, Diagnostics & buying PPE’s.
- Reduce 30% in the Expenditure Budget of Govt of India, other than Salaries, Pensions and Central Sector Schemes. This 30% (₹2.5 lakh CR per year) can be used for economic safety net for vulnerable sections.
- All foreign visits of the President, the PM, Union Ministers, CM’s, State Ministers and Bureaucrats must be put on hold. This amount can be utilised extensively in measures to combat #Covid_19
- Transfer all money under ‘PM Cares’ fund to the ‘Prime Ministers National Relief Fund’. These funds can be utilised to ensure an immediate food security net for those at the margins of society.
VIDEO of AICC Press Briefing by Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot and Randeep Singh Surjewala