Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacted with Sarpanchs of Gram Panchayats throughout the country today through Video Conferencing, on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day 2020.
- During this event he launched a unified e-GramSwaraj Portal and mobile application and Swamitva Scheme.
- The e-GramSwaraj helps prepare and execute Gram Panchayat Development Plans. The portal will ensure real time monitoring and accountability. The portal is a major step towards digitization down to the Gram Panchayat level.
- The Swamitva scheme which is launched in pilot mode in 6 states helps to map rural inhabited lands using drones and latest survey methods.
- The scheme will ensure streamlined planning, revenue collection and provide clarity over property rights in rural areas. This will open up avenues for applying for loans from financial institutions by the owners. Disputes related to property would also be settled through the title deeds allotted through this scheme.
Addressing the Sarpanches all over the country, the Prime Minister said :
- The Corona pandemic has changed the way people worked and taught a good lesson. He said the pandemic taught us that one has to be self-reliant always.
- This Pandemic has thrown at us new challenges and problems which we have never imagined, but it also taught us a very good lesson with a strong message. It has taught us that we have to be self-reliant and self-sufficient. It has taught us that we should not look for solutions outside the country. This is the biggest lesson we have learnt.
‘Do gaj doori’ – PM Modi gives the mantra to villages to encourage social distancing to combat COVID-19: PM
- Every Village has to be self-sufficient enough to provide for its basic needs. Similarly every district has to be self-sufficient at its level, every state has to be self-reliant at its level and the whole country has to be self-reliant at its level.