‘The duration of the fight against the virus may be uncertain at the moment but we shall triumph in the end’– Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
While the country’s leadership is seized of the way forward after April 14 when the 3 week national lock down in the wake of Corona virus crisis comes to an end and the basis of such decision is being debated, Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu urged that concerns about the health of the people shall take precedence over that of stabilization of economy.
In his assessment of the completion of two weeks of lock down today and the way forward, VP Venkaiah Naidu opined that :
- Health concerns shall precede over that of economy for post lockdown road map.
- Third week of lock down crucial for decision making on lock down exit.
- People should continue to cooperate with leadership’s decision even if hardship continues.
- Indians’ response so far for good of all highlights spiritual dimension of motherland.
- Tablighi Jamaat episode an avoidable slip.
- Global community shall draw right lessons from the Corona crisis.
Referring to the consultations between the Prime Minister and Chief Ministers on the exit strategy, VP urged the people to abide by whatever decision follows and cooperate with the same spirit that has so far been demonstrated even if hardship were to continue after April 14.
He expected that governments will ensure smooth functioning of supply chains and adequate relief and support for the vulnerable sections.
Source : PIB
File Pic Source : @VPSecretariat