P Chidambaram, @PChidambaram_IN – Former Union Finance Minister:
- India enters a crucial two week period today.
- So does the world It is good that @narendramodi spoke to leaders of Opposition parties.
- I have no doubt that every one of them pledged support to the government’s efforts to battle the spread of COVID-19.
- If the Congress and other Opposition parties have pointed out the shortcomings in the measures taken by the government, it was in a spirit of constructive criticism and cooperation — a point highlighted in the CWC resolution of 2nd April, 2020.
- There is unanimity among epidemiologists, doctors and district-level administrators that the need of the hour is aggressive and extensive testing. Let government begin that effort today.