Highlights of the Press Briefing by the Home Ministry on the actions taken, preparedness and updates on COVID-19 :
Source via PIB
- Lockdown measures are being enforced effectively; states, in cooperation with civil society organizations and volunteers, are making efforts to ensure door-to-door delivery of essential commodities, so that people need not leave their homes.
- Units of #IndianArmy too have come forward in distributing food in rural areas and in improving community awareness.
- Situation regarding essential commodities is under control, In the MHA control room, officials of Ministries of Civil Aviation, Consumer Affairs and Railways have been working in coordination with states to resolve logistics problems.
- MHA has again clarified to states and UTs that there are no restrictions on movement of inter-state and intra-state cargo – whether the goods being transported are essential goods or not. Godowns and cold storage units too can store all types of goods.
- State authorities have to ensure also that workers of units manufacturing essential goods are provided passes in smooth manner, so that these units don’t face any problems in functioning.
- Many of us are #WorkingFromHome these days, social media is being used in big way. In this context, @CyberDost of MHA is providing helpful information on ensuring one’s safety from cyber-crime and financial crimes.
- You may also use resources on National Cyber Crime Porting Portal – http://cybercrime.gov.in; cyber-crime can be reported on this portal, we hope this will help us ensure our safety on cyber space.