Highlights of the Special Congress Party Briefing by @bb_thorat and @AshokChavanINC :
- From March 10, we started taking necessary steps and from March 14, we almost declared a lockdown. International Airport had started checking passengers and isolating suspected patients, we started hospitalisation. That is why more cases are seen in Mumbai.
- Our government and organisation is also working on providing necessary facilities to those living in slums. Many people do not have a means of livelihood, arrangements have been made to provide food to 7 lakh people every day in 6000 camps.
- There are 10 districts in Maharashtra in which the effect of Corona is zero. We are also making all efforts to bring the number of patients to zero.
- Most of the cases in Maharashtra are in big cities. The situation is under control in most places. We are doing our best.
- On 11 March, we stopped BEST buses in Mumbai. An epidemic act was imposed on 13 March. Even marriages and religious activities were prohibited. We had taken a lot of steps before the lockdown was implemented on March 25 across the country.
- Our medical team, officials built a big building in Pune in 11 days where treatment can happen.
- Due to this letter, there was chaos among the people and section 144 was violated. Such an incident by the Central Government Railway Department is a serious matter.
- The central government has announced an economic package of ₹ 1.70 lakh crore. The government has given three months relief on EMIs, loan instalments, but it is necessary to waive off the interest amount on these.
- If the CM-Relief Fund will not be kept under CSR, then where will the money come from for the state government. States are already not getting their share of GST. We request that the CM-Relief Fund be included in CSR.