P Chidambaram – Former Union Finance Minister :
- The government has decided to “do nothing”.
- Whether it be the economy or the pandemic, the government has left the fate of 138 crore people to the gods,
- One said that the economy will contract between 5 and 7 per cent.
- The other said the economy could grow up to 1 per cent!
- No wonder, the government is like a deer caught between the headlights – paralysed and unable to move in either direction
- In interviews to the same media outlet (The Wire) two economists of the PM’s Economic Advisory Council reached diametrically opposite conclusions on growth in 2020-21