Naveen Patnaik – CM, Odisha:
- The state budget for the year 2022-23 presented today is a progressive, pro-poor and development oriented budget.
- The budget size has increased to ₹2 lakh crore and the Programme Budget to ₹1 lakh crore.
- Priority of the budget is to create quality healthcare facilities, quality education including school transformation, life & livelihoods, women empowerment as well as infrastructure development.
- The capital spending will increase by more than 56%, which will foster growth.
- Separate budget for Mission Shakti with allocation of ₹2,000 crore will further deepen our engagement with 70 lakh women of our state.
- Our initiative to create a “Budget Stabilization Fund” will help in mitigating any revenue shock in future.
- The budget is in line with our transformational agenda under “5T” and “MoSarkar”.
- I hope this budget will meet the aspirations of the people of the state.