Highlights of the Press briefing on the actions taken, preparedness and updates on COVID-19 by @MoHFW_INDIA :
- A meeting of the Council of Ministers was held today, at which collective decisions have been taken, on dealing with the COVID19 pandemic.
- The Health Ministry has come out with some guidelines on the handling, treatment and disposal of waste generated in the battle against COVID2019
- During last 13 days, Indian Railways has loaded and transported 1,342 wagons of sugar, 958 wagons of salt and 378 wagons/tanks of edible oil.
- Rural Development Ministry has written to states and State Rural Livelihood Mission to facilitate stitching of homemade mouth and face covers through Rural Self-Employment Training, as an add’l barrier & hygiene method; this is diff. from masks.
- Requirement of food grain stocks for all parts of the country is being addressed through National Food Security Act and Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana. About 16.94 Lakh MT food grains have been transported across the country during lockdown period.
- So far FCI has allotted 1.38 Lakh MT Wheat in 13 states and 1.32 Lakh MT Rice in 8 states under this model. Moreover, FCI has a food grain stock of 55.47 million metric tonnes in Central Pool, as on April 4.
693 positive cases in one day have taken the total cases to 4067; 1445 of these are related to Tablighi Jamaatt; 109 deaths reported so far including 30 deaths yesterday– MoHFW_INDIA