Highlights of Press Briefing on the actions taken, preparedness and updates on COVID-19 :
- Total no. of positive #COVID19 cases so far – 9,152.
In last 24 hours – 796 new cases, 35 deaths, 141 recoveries.
Total of 857 people have recovered so far from #COVID2019 ,
Total 308 deaths.
- While the nation is under lockdown, we want that livelihoods too are protected.
- One +ve development at field level, showing the result of the efforts of our frontline workers: in 25 districts from 15 states, no additional positive case has been reported for last 14 days, while +ve cases were reported there before.
- We are using technology for live-case tracking, case management and for implementation and monitoring of containment plan.
- GIS Mapping is used for positive confirmed cases, identification of active intervention areas, containment plan implementation; heat maps and predictive data analysis are used to identify areas needing future intervention.
- Rapid Response Teams and ambulance and quarantine management is being done through Integrated Command Centres. Remote digital medical consultation is also being done in some districts, to which medical stores are also connected.
- #AarogyaSetu app has been launched, which enables citizens to assess their risk of #COVID2019 and alerts them if they come near infected persons, if everyone downloads the app. About 3.5 crore people have already downloaded it.
- Aarogya Setu App leverages bluetooth and AI.
- A Core Strategy Group has been formed in @CSIR_IND, based on a detailed review of #COVID2019 research, undertaken by the Union Health and S&T Minister @drharshvardhan along with CSIR and its 38 labs.
- The Core Strategy Group is working on: Digital and molecular surveillance Rapid and economical diagnostics New drugs, repurposing of drugs and associated production processes.
- ~ 78,000 Self Help Group members of 27 states have produced 1.96 crore masks under State Rural Livelihood Missions.
- Total #COVID2019 tests done till yesterday – 2,06,212 14 mentor institutes have been identified for augmenting setting up capacity, they will train other colleges and also examine whether new labs need to be set up – @ICMRDELHI
- States and UTs need to issue passes to workers of those firms which are exempted from lockdown restrictions. They should also ensure that manufacturing units near state borders too do not face any hurdles in functioning – @HMOIndia
- Workers belonging to the MSME sector and employed in essential items such as atta, dal and edible oil should not face any hurdles. Warehouses and cold storages too should be allowed to operate, whether or not these are for essential items – @HMOIndia