Rajnath Singh , Defence Minister :
- MoD has launched Defence Testing Infrastructure Scheme (DTIS) to boost defence industry under ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- The indigenous defence equipment will also be tested and certified in India.
- The Government shall contribute Rs 400 Cr as Grant-in-Aid for the scheme.
- Test facilities under DTIS will help meet long outstanding demand of MSMEs and Start Ups for facilitating testing of products made by them, without any delays.
- These facilities will be owned and operated by the Private Industry.