Vice President of India, @VPSecretariat, M. Venkaiah Naidu :
- Lockdown 3.0, starting from 4th May aims to balance the twin concerns of lives and livelihoods by kick-starting the economy. But we should not lower the guard against COVID-19.
- I am confident that the Centre and States will effectively coordinate and implement various measures to address the concerns of the farmers.
- There have been some reports of farmers’ distress, particularly horticultural growers not getting remunerative prices for their produce owing to lack of transportation facilities to markets.
- I have also spoken to Union Home Minister, Shri @AmitShah and Railway Minister, Shri @PiyushGoyal on the need to ensure timely delivery of agriculture produce to markets & mitigate hardship faced by farmers.
- Read my full facebook post here – https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=682755002292416&id=167328870501701