BS Yediyurappa – Chief Minister of Karnataka:
- We have decided to launch a new scheme “Nekarara Sammana yojane”. Under this scheme Government will deposit Rs.2,000 directly to the bank account of the handloom weavers through DBT. 54,000 handloom weavers will be benefitted.
- Relief to Large Industries: To support large industries to overcome the difficulties of lockdown we have decided that payment of fixed charges in the Electricity bills of large industries will be deferred without penalty and interest for a period of two months.
- Handholding MSMEs: MSMEs have suffered huge losses and are struggling to sustain due to lockdown. To rescue MSMEs from this unprecedented shock it has been decided to waive off monthly fixed charges of electricity bills of MSMEs for two months.
- Relief for Auto and Taxi Drivers: We have decided to provide financial support of Rs. 5000 to auto and taxi drivers who have lost their income due to lockdown. This will help about 7,75,000 auto and taxi drivers in the state.
- Professions like Barbers and Washer men (dhobis) have lost their livelihoods due to lockdown. We have decided to provide one time compensation of Rs.5,000/- to each which will benefit about 60,000 washer men and about 2,30,000 barbers.
- Floriculturists who have lost demand for their produce due to lockdown will get a compensation of Rs.25,000/- per hectare. This will benefit farmers who have cultivated flowers in about 11,687 hectares.
Pic Source Credit : BS Yediyurappa