Excerpts from PM Modi’s address to the nation on the occasion of 74th Independence Day :
- We need to make a very big resolve today, as we enter 75th year of Independence of our nation.
- India’s freedom struggle proved to be a beacon of inspiration for the whole world, even amidst the wave of expansionism, India upheld its quest for freedom and continued to make sacrifices
- In the midst of COVID19, India took a resolve to become Aatma Nirbhar. The dream is becoming a reality. Aatma Nirbhar Bharat has now become a mantra for 130 crore Indians.
- It is imperative for India to stand on its own feet, we will definitively fulfill this dream, I am confident of our talent, I have faith in our citizens, youth, our women. I have faith in India’s approach.
- India is now in a position to not only feed itself, but also provide food grains to those who need it. Aatma Nirbhar Bharat has been achieved in agricultural sector. We need value addition and further transformation in our farm sector
- We have opened the space sector, providing opportunities to youth. We have freed farm sector from laws which bound it for decades.
- It is time for us to be Vocal For Local. We need to be proud of our own products.
- The world is watching India’s transformative journey of reforms. In the previous year, there has been a record flow of FDI, with 18% increase. World’s faith in us has been due to our action in strengthening the economy and democracy.
- Now, along with MakeInIndia, we need to go ahead with the mantra of MakeForWorld