Dinesh Trivedi, @DinTri, Former Health & Railway Minister, Member of Parliament Rajya Sabha, All India Trinamool Congress :
- States want revenue but seeing the ques outside liquor shops, I am concerned that with those addicted and no income in lock down condition, this may lead to :
1) not obeying social distancing
2) lead to domestic violence
3) create law and order issues
4) COVID cases may increase
- If argument for opening up of liquor shops is only economic compulsion then why lock down. Open up the whole thing .
- So far we have done well considering our population, poverty etc. Is it worth taking a chance ?