Prime Minister Narendra Modi today interacted with Chief Ministers of states via video conferencing to discuss the emerging situation and plan ahead for tackling the COVID-19 pandemic.
This was the fourth such interaction of the Prime Minister with the Chief Ministers, the earlier ones had been held on 20th March, 2nd April and 11th April, 2020. The Prime Minister underlined that :
- The Lockdown has yielded positive results as the country has managed to save thousands of lives in the past one and a half months.
- Due to timely measures, India has been able to protect many people. He however forewarned that the danger of the virus is far from over and constant vigilance is of paramount importance.
- The country has seen two Lockdowns till now, both different in certain aspects, and now we have to think of the way ahead.
- As per experts, the impact of coronavirus will remain visible in the coming months. Reiterating the mantra of ‘do gaz doori’, masks and face covers will become part of our lives in the days ahead. Under the circumstances, everyone’s aim must be rapid response.
- We have to be brave and bring in reforms that touch the lives of common citizens.
- We have to give importance to the economy as well as continue the fight against COVID-19.
- On the issue of getting back Indians who are overseas, he said that this has to be done keeping in mind the fact that they don’t get inconvenienced and their families are not under any risk.
Source & Pic Credit : PIB