Nitin Raut, Maharashtra Power Minister :
- If all lights are switched off at once on 5th April for 9 mins, it might lead to failure of the grid.
- All our emergency services will fail & it might take a week’s time to restore power.
‘I sincerely hope this is being properly managed’
Jairam Ramesh, @Jairam_Ramesh, Rajya Sabha MP, Karnataka :
- As somebody who has been associated with the power sector for almost three decades including as Minister, the call to go dark for 9 min at 9pm on the 5th can have deep impact on the grid and its stability.
- I sincerely hope this is being properly managed.
‘This can play havoc with the provision of health services vital to combat this pandemic’
Sitaram Yechury, @SitaramYechury – CPIM General Secretary:
- PM must ensure that the national Power transmission grid is not adversely affected by switching off on April 5.
- This can play havoc with the provision of health services vital to combat this pandemic.