Rajnath Singh, Defence Minister of India :
- Three India Coast Guard ships were dedicated to the nation in a unique digital commissioning ceremony today. These ships were completed in record time. It is reassuring to witness the growing strength of our Coast Guard and the capabilities of Indian Shipbuilding industry.
- The oceans are the lifelines of global prosperity. Safe, secure and clean seas present us with great economic opportunities to build our Nations. India is an emerging maritime power and our prosperity depend on the sea.
- As a responsible maritime power, oceans have been our key priorities, which is evident from our Prime Minister Narendramodi’s vision “SAGAR”, which translates in to “Security And Growth for All in the Region”.
- The seas can be routes for asymmetric threats by Anti-National Elements and therefore demand collaborative and cooperative approach amongst all stakeholders. The Indian Coast Guard continues to work with their resolve to guard our sea shores 24×7 with great determination.
- I am extremely confident that the India Coast Guard ships commissioned today will add to their strength in responding to the threats of Maritime terrorism, Drug trafficking, smuggling and challenges of maritime law enforcement and Search and Rescue cover to Mariners in distress.