Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, @DrRPNishank, Union Cabinet Minister for Human Resource Development :
- Launched Alternative Academic Calendar today.
- The calendar will help students receive school education systematically at home until schools reopen.
- All activities will be conducted using phones, Radio, TV, social media etc.
- All the classes from I-XII and subject areas will be covered under this calendar.
- In order to engage students meaningfully during their stay at home due to COVID-19 through educational activities at home with the help of their parents and teachers,the alternative academic calendar has been developed by the NCERT under the guidance of the MHRD.
- The calendar contains week-wise plan consisting of interesting and challenging activities, with reference to theme/chapter taken from syllabus or textbook.
- Most importantly, it maps the themes with the learning outcomes.The purpose of mapping of themes with learning outcomes is to facilitate teachers/parents to assess the progress in the learning of children and also to go beyond textbooks.