‘We have asked states to map each COVID Care Centre with one COVID Care Hospital and COVID Care Health Centre’
Health Ministry Media briefing on current #COVID19 situation in the country :
- Total no. of confirmed cases in the country – 4,421
Total no. of deaths – 117
In last 24 hours: 354 new cases ,
8 additional deaths reported
326 people have recovered and have been discharged
- Govt. has been adopting strategy for cluster containment and for outbreaks which are amenable to management. Happy to note that this strategy is producing positive results, esp. in Agra, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Pathanamthitta, Bhilwara and East Delhi.
- In Mumbai and in other districts too, action is being undertaken as per this containment strategy and action plan.
- #SmartCities are using technology to manage #COVID2019, in surveillance, contact tracing, home quarantine management, information dissemination, training, predictive analysis using heat maps and counselling. Notably, in Pune, Surat, Bengaluru and Tumakuru.
- The Health Ministry has come out with a very important document today – a guidance document on appropriate management of suspects and confirmed cases of #COVID2019
For guidance document click here : mohfw.gov.in/pdf/FinalGuidanceonMangaementofCovidcasesversion2.pdf
- The guidance document lays out three classes of facilities to be set up for various categories of #COVID2019 patients :
1) COVID CareCenters shall offer care only for cases that have been clinically assigned as mild or very mild cases or COVID suspect case. COVID Care Centres can be makeshift facilities, or can be govt./pvt. facilities such as hostels/schools/hotels; quarantine centres too can be upgraded as COVID Care Centres.
2) The 2nd class of facility is #COVIDHealthCentre, to monitor all cases that have been clinically assigned as moderate. These shall be hospitals or dedicated blocks in hospitals with proper triaging, to prevent spread of infection.
3) The third class of facilities are Dedicated #COVIDHospitals, which shall offer comprehensive care primarily for those who have been clinically assigned as severe or critical cases of #COVID2019.
- We have asked states to map each COVID Care Centre with one COVID Care Hospital and COVID Care Health Centre , so that there is clarity at field level on where the patients can be shifted, if need be.
- Dedicated #COVIDHospitals shall be hospitals or dedicated blocks, with fully equipped ICU facility, ventilators and beds with assured oxygen support.