- Health Minister Harsh Vardhan and Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Naik jointly launched clinical research studies on Ayurveda interventions as an add-on to standard care to COVID 19 situation and Ayush Sanjivani application today at New Delhi.
- AYUSH Minister was participating in the programme through Video Conferencing from Goa.
- Speaking on the occasion Dr Harsh Vardhan informed that through a graded, pre-emptive and pro-active approach, Government of India is taking several steps for prevention, containment and management of COVID-19. These are being regularly reviewed and monitored at the highest level.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan said, “India has a history of traditional medicine since long and being the pioneer in the field of Ayurveda, the Ministry of AYUSH is working to address the COVID 19 pandemic problem in the country through clinical studies (prophylactic and add-on interventions) of AYUSH systems.
- The Ayush Sanjivani mobile app developed by Ministry of AYUSH will be useful to generate data on acceptance and usage of AYUSH advocacies and measures among the population and its impact in prevention of COVID 19.
- On this Occasion Minister Shripad Naik informed that the Ministry of AYUSH has undertaken four clinical and population based studies to find a better solution to the problem and to assess the role of AYUSH for prevention of the disease.
Source : PIB