Dr Harsh Vardhan, @drharshvardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare :
- Govt of India has announced significant investments to the tune of Rs 15000 crore for ‘India #COVID19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package’.
- The funds sanctioned will be utilized for immediate #Covid_19 Emergency Response (amount of Rs.7774 crores) & rest for medium-term support (1-4 years) to be provided under a mission mode approach.
- The key objectives of the package include mounting emergency response to slow & limit #COVID in India through the development of diagnostics & #COVID19 dedicated treatment facilities.
- The major share of the expenditure will be used for mounting robust emergency response, strengthening National & State health systems followed by strengthening pandemic research & multi-sector national institutions.
- .@MoHFW_INDIA has already disbursed Rs. 4113 Crore to all the States and UTs for dealing with the emergency #COVID19 response.