Ravi Shankar Prasad, Law & Justice, Communications Minister :
- Funds collected by PMCARES fund are entirely different and these funds are funds of charitable trusts. This fund need not be transferred- Supreme Court on PM CARES.
- So far, 30000 crores have been given from PM Cares Fund to fight COVID. 2,000 crores of which has been given only for ventilators. 50,000 ventilators have been provided by the PM Cares fund.
- 50,000 ventilators provided to take care of emergency needs of Corona patients is the highest since independence as far as ventilator provision are concern.
- PM CARES is a registered public trust made under Chairmanship of PM Narendra Modi for emergencies like COVID19 whereas PMNRF was made in 1948 by an oral observation of the then PM to serve the needs to refugees from Pakistan etc.
- The Rajiv Gandhi Foundation did a special study in which it was recommended that Indian markets needs to be opened for Chinese products to make the relationship stronger between India and China.