Dr S Jaishankar – External Affairs Minister :
- Warm and fruitful discussion with FM Abdulla Shahid of Maldives.
- Agreed that the COVID19 pandemic has brought the two nations even closer. We will be reliable partners in meeting both aspirations and challenges.
- India will fund the implementation of Greater Male Connectivity Project through a $400 mn LOC & $100 mn grant.
- This 6.7 km bridge project connecting Male with Gulhifalhu Port & Thilafushi industrial zone will help revitalise and transform Maldivian economy.
- Connectivity brings prosperity. Happy to announce the start of regular cargo ferry service between India & Maldives to boost trade & commerce.
- We’re also starting an air travel bubble with Maldives to sustain & promote the dynamic people-to-people ties between the two countries.