BS Yediyurappa – Chief Minister, Karnataka:
- Deeply pained and shocked by the loss of lives at the Chamarajnagara district hospital.
- I express my heartfelt condolences to the family members. Government stands firmly with the bereaved families in their hour of grief
- I have ordered an inquiry into the matter and strict action will be taken at the earliest against those responsible.
- We will also ensure that such an incident is never repeated.
- Met with oxygen manufacturers & suppliers to address logistical issues for uninterrupted & timely delivery.
- Steps needed to clear bottlenecks including faster re-filling of tankers, a green corridor for their movement, and using LPG & nitrogen tankers were discussed.