‘CSIR’s National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore, has developed a Non-Invasive BiPAP Ventilator in a record time of 36 days to treat COVID-19 patients’
Dr Harsh Vardhan – Union Minister for Health:
- CSIR- National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL) Bangalore, a constituent of CSIR_IND has developed a Non-Invasive BiPAP Ventilator in a record time of 36 days to treat COVID-19 patients.
- BiPAP Non-Invasive ventilator is a microcontroller-based precise closed-loop adaptive control system with a built-in biocompatible “3D printed manifold & coupler” with HEPA filter (Highly Efficient Particulate Air Filter).
- These unique features help to alleviate the fear of the virus spread.
- It has features like Spontaneous, CPAP, Timed, AUTO BIPAP modes with provision to connect Oxygen concentrator or Enrichment unit externally.
- The system has been certified for safety and performance by NABL accredited agencies.
- The system has undergone stringent biomedical tests and beta clinical trials at NAL Health Centre.
- This is ideal for treating COVID 19 patients in Wards, Makeshift Hospitals, dispensaries & home in current Indian Covid_19 scenario.
- CSIR NAL is in process of taking it forward with the regulatory authorities for the approval and expected to get shortly.