Former Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s address to Jammu and Kashmir party workers at Srinagar. Excerpts. via INC India:
- The attack is not only on Jammu & Kashmir. An attack is being waged on the entire nation. We are not allowed to talk in the Parliament. We are being suppressed.
- We are not allowed to talk about Pegasus, Rafale, Jammu & Kashmir, corruption or unemployment in the Parliament.
- They are attacking all of India’s institutions. They are attacking our judiciary, our Vidhan Sabha-Lok Sabha-Rajya Sabha.
- Our friends in the media do not write the truth they are supposed to. They are also being suppressed & threatened. Across India, they are scared that if they were to write something, they will lose their jobs.
- Jammu & Kashmir’s strength is – your brotherhood, your way of life, your mutual respect, your way of viewing things with love; this is your strength. Kashmiriyat is at the foundation of this.
- There has been an indirect attack on the rest of India and a direct attack on Jammu & Kashmir. I know that the people of Jammu & Kashmir have been saddened, they have been hurt
- I want that the Statehood of Jammu & Kashmir be returned to you all, and that the democratic processes be restarted.
- This is an attack on Jammu & Kashmir, on Tamil Nadu, on Bengal, on the concept of India, on the foundations of our democracy, on our Constitution, on the entire nation.
- Congress party stands strong with the people of Jammu & Kashmir and will always be committed to upholding their rights.
- I fight against fear. Wherever I go, I fight against hatred. The difference between our party and the others is that we do not hate anyone. We do not use violence against anyone.
In Pics Former Congress President Rahul Gandhi interacting with the citizens of Jammu & Kashmir via INC India