Ashok Gehlot – Chief Minister of Rajasthan:
- Central government has begun the announcements regarding Economic Package, we will have to wait for complete details & how these measures are implemented.
- The need of the hour is to transfer cash to the poor people, labourers, small shopkeepers, daily wagers & destitute.
- Govt must announce direct cash transfers to poor people and money should also be given to MNREGA labourers so that they have money in their pockets, which will generate demand, increase their purchasing power. This will give a boost to our industries and economy.
- Measures have been announced for MSME sector but we will have to see how these are implemented. MSME sector is facing lot of hardships & banks are reluctant to give loans even with guarantees. Now how would they give loans without guarantees, as the Govt has announced?
- Central Govt needs to ensure banks give loans to MSMEs. As we did in state to support MSMEs, we brought an ordinance, then an Act that state govt will not ask for any approvals from MSMEs for 3 years. Likewise central govt needs to ensure MSMEs get loans without guarantees.